Friday, June 3, 2011

I can...by myself....

It is just after 7.30 am and I have been up since before the birds, which means, since 4 am.  Definitely not sensible but this was my sleep-in morning...naturally, I got up earlier than usual!!!  The week has been full on and by the time the end of the week arrived, I walked in the door far too late to assemble a dinner for our household...thank goodness for home delivery.  This weekend offers absolutely no relief either but I think I will try to make sure I am home today by 4pm so that it doesn't seem like a weekday.

Last night was an evening I will treasure.  My little treasure was exhausted and was ready for bed, clean, shiny and jimmy-jammed and then......she appeared in my workroom, crept over to the sewing machine and announced so sweetly that she wanted to have a "little turn" choosing the fancy stitches.  The little sweetheart (we call our kid that sometimes, you know) got a short lesson in using the machine safely, she stretched her little leg out and took control of the presser foot.  Two hours later with a beautifully trimmed up scrap of fabric with no lose threads she was one super happy, super proud of herself achiever. And please, no one ask me what she made...it appears she explained the details to her father as she gifted him the creation...I missed that bit and my imagination is not quite supple enough.



2 comments:

  1. Keep practising Teagan. I'll look forward to you helping me finish off quilts when you are here in July/August. Perhaps we could make some presents to give people for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Grandma, I do know what I am doing because I am a big number now and I will be 6 next.

    ReplyDelete