Sunday, June 5, 2011

A day to myself today...

Sometimes I like to take a "day off".  When One is retired, One needs to have the odd day with no extra commitments; today was to be one of those days.  So last night I started.

I headed into my workroom and decided to try and create a lunch sack that actually worked.  Net result is with many adaptations to a standard gusseted lunch sack design, I ended up creating two insulated lunch sacks.

Fabric to make lunch sacks is not too easy for me to find.  The insulating batting was sourced from the UK many moons ago, the linen lining was from the fabric souq and the outer fabric was courtesy of Carrefour (tea-towel) and the Home Store (table runner).  I thought it was important to find some fairly "tough fabric".

Packed up for lunches, both worked well, mind-you I had pre-measured!  When I had finished making one (the only one I had planned to make), Teagan asked if she could have one....to replace the expensive bought one that we recently had to throw out after just one-month of use - I hope this one lasts a bit longer!

If anyone wants the pattern, I have sketched it out but I am afraid that my instructions will not be suitable for a novice sewer but I am happy to forward the measurements via email!





4 comments:

  1. Well done - they look great. A career obviously awaits you as a pattern designer - perhaps I could be the instruction writer for a price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to write the instructions - on commission.....neither of us will get rich on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete