Success at what? You ask? Yes?
No not another patter of feet (that is a major medical expense and huge challenge in this household), the success relates to something far sweeter and far more rewarding with a cup of coffee....have you guessed yet? No? What do you mean, you haven't guessed yet?
LOKUM...or....Turkish Delight, of the real delightful variety, not the cheap Cadbury Variety, or that made with gelatin by those who don't quite get the sugar syrup and maize starch relationships....yes, the same things that I didn't get right for many many years. Now I have and here is the result.....
Of course, I didn't get there on my own and all credit is due to the chefs' I located via a web search at this site.....Bites of Delight....The AGE

Val will be waiting on her batch to wing it's way to Makarewa. Lucky for you she is tramping in the Hurunuis at the moment and NZ customs would deem your Turkish Delight not fit to enter the country. (just joking)
ReplyDeleteHi there Kirsty--sounds divine but the fiddling around to make.. Methinks I will just have to rely on the cadbury variety. Tramp was great--amazing countryside on Island Hill station. Love to all
ReplyDelete