Sunday, November 21, 2010

The day before the next half-term

Today is quiet.  Thankfully, Teagan informed me that she wanted to stay indoors all day, anyone that knows me, will know that this suited just fine.  That said, we did venture out to the slide swimming pool but that only lasted 30 minutes before Teagan got herself all purple with the cold!!  Okay, so it is the desert, but really the temperature has fallen down to the mid-20's and this is Teagan's trigger point for the cold.  To to warm up we swept out the backyard in preparation for our pleasant afternoons (that have already reached us).


I am rather pleased as I have successfully developed a lovely new muesli slice recipe that has turned out rather well - hmmm maybe I should post some of my recipes at some point.  The key to the success of this recipe is the cooking temperature and quantities of sugar, butter and vegetable oil (Tony if you are reading this, you did not read the word sugar....and to make matters worse it is inverted into glucose and fructose from sucrose...but the good news is, we have overdosed on Vitamin D, and the slice serves are very small, and at least I know exactly what went into it.....justified yet?).


You also may note that I have been playing with the blog designer.  My experience base with blogs is limited and to make matters worse, I am also struggling with my Apple Mac; these controlling systems are a little too hard to manage, user friendly yes, but not control friendly.


Anyway, I will sign off now with a photo from the archives and a competition for my nieces....


Please name, with first and last names all human beings present in this photo.  There may be more than one winner and any successful email directly to my home account will receive some kind of prize by mail (albeit nominal and postage friendly).  But the email must have a little bit of chat in it.


2 comments:

  1. I know!!! I know!!! Am happy to sell the information. All proceeds to my next trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should hope that you know - surprised that my darling 3rd brother is struggling a little!!!

    ReplyDelete