Obviously, one loves to drive from Auckland to Dunedin with a 4 year old girl with a strong and persistent inclination for car sickness. When that is what you love (or must do), you go for it.
Packed within an inch of its 1600 cc capacity, the Suzuki SX4 left Auckland. Teagan was strapped into the centre back - her throne - with a direct view south. Our trip was generally trouble free; although, I must admit that I have provided a donation to the Traffic Police Department (not undeserved) as I coasted comfortably (but not safely) through Hunterville.
Of note was our overnight in Wellington. Teagan had a great time but hotel was rather dodgey (as I had expected for the low price) but not too unclean and breakfast would not have fattened the starving. I was sure that the early 1990s had returned!
We made it to Dunedin two days later, free and cured of the carsickness that had dogged us for the past year.
No comments:
Post a Comment