Thursday, March 14, 2013

It is definitely over two months since.....




Computer activities in a threesome
It is definitely over two months since I last loaded a blog post.  The second school term is closing in on me and nothing "too much in particular" has happened; this I should be ever thankful for.  Which brings me to what to write about!  Normality, me thinks.

Villa and compound life has entered a "new" normal for us.  Mostly this is due to Teagan growing up.  Today for instance is a Thursday.  Usually it is a day where after school we do something special together: make something, watch something or draw something.  For the past term, this "together time" lasts less than 15 minutes so today, I didn't plan anything and thank goodness because, yet again, I am alone in the house as she is out and about.

Injury repairs!





Some kind of game
When you live in a gated community such as our compound, community is the operative word.  Teagan 7 yrs, IS. (7 yrs), D. (7 yrs) and A (4 yrs) spend their after school hours kicking around on their bikes between the street and the playground.  It seems that this mindless racing, playing, and competing is far more interesting than any adult could possibly imagine. If the children aren't outside making noise then I only need to look for a pile of bikes and I can guess they are in one or another of their houses "doing something just as interesting".  Once the street lights go on it is all parents to the helm to locate find and return moving, living children. Between all of us (parents that is), grounding has become the best lever; invariably if one normally present 7 year old is missing, that child has been grounded and is watching from an upstairs window feeling mortally wounded as life continues below without them.  Needless to say, I have a relatively well behaved child!
A BIG Brownie

One other thing I have noted is that  Teagan stays up a lot later and joins Ross and me for our supper, popping herself to bed for a short read after partaking in a cup of tea and a partial quality documentary.  Normal now is having a lovely second person for me to enjoy, with what ever moments I can get.


The vege man
Book week character!

No comments:

Post a Comment