On Tuesday we went out shopping. The shopping centre we went to was out of the centre and the biggest in Italy. It seems that shopping centers are not a big thing here as I am sure many of the malls in Doha and Kuala Lumpur would leave Euroma2 as a poor second cousin. That said the street shopping in Rome has been great and Ross has treated me to a lovely leather Italian designer handbag.
I was surprised at the museum featuring the secret documents from the Vatican archives. My expectations were of more of the boring museums that Ross seems to enjoy but no, this one was great. Teagan and I enjoyed the documents covering Henry VIII and his divorce and Pope Gregory's calendar change in 1582. Well worth seeing.
Today we decided to go and visit the Vatican museum and Sistene chapel but we found it was all closed for the morning as the Pope was there. Venturing off to another key sight we finished off by venturing back to St Peter's square and actually seeing the Pope. Following his blessing of the crowd (and you can only imagine Teagan!) we luckily found a great tour and joined the jostle and extreme crowding in the museum and chapel. This was an agreed highlight for the three of us. Hmmm, but I wonder if the further blessings that Teagan got were more of a highlight after she bought her very own prayer beads and charmed a Nun. Need I say more for those that know Teagan well!
Note: the Pope blesses the people on Wednesday's at 10.30 am when he is Rome...I should really read my guide book in more detail.
Now it is our last evening and we are content with our sightseeing in Rome and are ready to head back to Qatar. A fabulous City and a fabulous holiday.
Location:Via Catone,Rome,Italy
No comments:
Post a Comment