Of course, with Teagan and Ross, no holiday is a holiday unless I endure hours of museums. Today was no exception as the two thoroughly enjoyed selected parts of the Imperial War Museum and the Natural History Museum. I did the kid friendly tour of the War Museum and am currently suffering the 1000 and 1 discussion on being a war evacuee and why people fight each other when both sides "people get dead", "aren't they a bit silly!". Ross then picked up on Natural History covering Darwin and evolution as I sat and sat and sat. I do like museums but I don't think I was born with the passion that comes via Ross!
Merriman Meanderings Life and travels with an expatriate mum and child plus other VIPs who may choose to join us... that includes my Mother and of course, darling husband.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
London days..
We have had a few days in London now and I am sure we must have brought the sun with us! Following spring glory in Hampton Court, we experienced spring glory at Kew gardens. There was no way we could possibly have seen everything in the eight hours we spent there. At least two hours was spent in the kids experience area and playground; we wandered the woodlands behind Queen Charlotte's cottage, through the British bluebells and spent some time up in the treetops (Teagan did that bit "all by myself") and picnicked on one of the tree lined vistas. Needless to say, it was still bright, warm and sunny as we left close to 6pm.
Of course, with Teagan and Ross, no holiday is a holiday unless I endure hours of museums. Today was no exception as the two thoroughly enjoyed selected parts of the Imperial War Museum and the Natural History Museum. I did the kid friendly tour of the War Museum and am currently suffering the 1000 and 1 discussion on being a war evacuee and why people fight each other when both sides "people get dead", "aren't they a bit silly!". Ross then picked up on Natural History covering Darwin and evolution as I sat and sat and sat. I do like museums but I don't think I was born with the passion that comes via Ross!




Of course, with Teagan and Ross, no holiday is a holiday unless I endure hours of museums. Today was no exception as the two thoroughly enjoyed selected parts of the Imperial War Museum and the Natural History Museum. I did the kid friendly tour of the War Museum and am currently suffering the 1000 and 1 discussion on being a war evacuee and why people fight each other when both sides "people get dead", "aren't they a bit silly!". Ross then picked up on Natural History covering Darwin and evolution as I sat and sat and sat. I do like museums but I don't think I was born with the passion that comes via Ross!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kirsty, History repeats itself! Your Dad loved looking at EVERY exhibit in a museum. Unfortunately for me you five children always chose to join me on a different activity. Your Dad had bliss at the museum while I had to count to 5 every few minutes to ensure you were all still around and quickly ran out of money as you all got hungry often and wanted rides on everything you saw!!!
ReplyDeleteHe would now have two buddies to travel with....you and I could go off and do some really interesting!
ReplyDelete