Thursday, August 19, 2010

One claims distraction....

How does One claim lethargy in blog posting? One does not say "but I am too busy"; this of course would be absolute rubbish as I am not too busy, rather, I am as busy as I want to be - and of course need to be, to contribute to our family life. One, then thinks and claims "it is mere distraction". That is music to One's ears as the distractions are predominantly of One's own making and far too enjoyable to put down. All said, I do enjoy writing down this blog as it is kind of like a letter to my friends and family. Enjoy the following catch-up.


Ours leaves Doha...
Ours has since left Doha far poorer and hopefully plenty motivated. Ours had been rather disappointed in the clothes shopping presented to her in the world capitals of London and Paris (yeah what....you say!). Absolutely true, it was the height of the summer season and all goods were well picked over. One had informed Ours that many of the shops in Europe were here in Doha so with only two potential shopping days in Doha, that is what we did. Ours went back heavily loaded with five new wardrobes.  


All of Ours miss Mum/Grandma but Teagan appears to be satisfied with Skyping for the time being.  Grandma's departure also brought along extreme tears for Teagan over missing Jasmine.  A solution was presented to me quite clearly by Teagan: "Mum, just please buy me a spare house in Dunedin, then I can go and live there and be close to Jasmine."  Which brings One to the love discussion.


One discusses love with Teagan...
One has had discussions with oneself about writing about Teagan's love discussions.  For me, they are too funny to leave unsaid yet, maybe if someone looked at it from an adult perspective they may be hurt.  Thankfully, One (and hopefully most mothers love unconditionally) so hence I shall post.


Teagan: "Mum, you know why I don't make many presents for you?"
Mum: "No, why not?"
Teagan: "Because I really really love my Dad and I don't really really love you,"
Mum: puts sad look on her face
Teagan: "Oh but Mum, I love you a little bit.  And by the time I get really wrinkly, I will love you a lot with all of my heart."
Mum: "Teagan, I will really really look forward to that."
Teagan: puts a big happy smile on her face and gives me the type of cuddle that tells a Mum that they are wanted and loved.


One "deposits" daughter...
Doha is cooking.  The swimming pool/s temperatures are all north of 37 deg C and stepping outside turns you into dehydrated animal skin so four - well very nearly five -  year old child gives up the game.  Following three months at home with Mum, Teagan had had enough.  One Monday, two weeks ago, Teagan was painting and decided that cleaning up was not in her repertoire of skills.  One decided it was, so Teagan spent the next 90 minutes in the back bedroom exercising her vocabulary skills and testing volume control through letting me know how unreasonable I was.  Meanwhile, I was at the computer exercising my "save myself skills" and "let us fix this small issue skills" by locating a really good "summer school".  Following Teagan's tirade she departed the back room, demanded I not look at her, and then cleaned up the paints.  The following morning, I heard back from the Australian based Starfish Lane Summer School (SLSS) and here is an outline of my conversation at 9.00am on the dot:


SLSS:  "Yes, we do have space.  If you would like to pop in to visit us first then we will be happy to accept Teagan's enrolment"
Mum: "So, if we like it, may we leave Teagan there?"
SLSS: "Yes of course, but you may not want to as we have already had Sunday and Monday and we only accept full week payments at QAR650 per week - you would have to pay a full week".
Mum: "OK, we will be out there to visit within the hour"


Meanwhile, we call Ross and get him to rush home with the car.  One packs a lunch and assembles a backpack.  Then, by 10.00 am on the dot Teagan is left at Starfish Lane glowing in excitement and I return home ready for a good dose of distraction....


Summary...
Yes, it has been some time since I last posted and it has been a glorious three weeks.  I am really keen on doing my next post which will outline some of more of my distractions....

2 comments:

  1. You'll be pleased with Starfish Lane, I hear they're great! Did you take her to the one near Landmark or the one near the Canadian University?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one near the Canadian University (North Atlantic College). We put her in with the smaller children - very good teacher to child ratio: 1 teacher, 3 assistants, 14 children (not all are there either). She is not happy that it is the last week next week!

    ReplyDelete